|Title:||Mechanic (Mechanical Technician)|
Midcoast Energy is a fast-paced, full-service midstream business with headquarters in Houston, Texas. Almost 500 employees strong, we are committed to the safe and reliable processing and transportation of natural gas and natural gas liquids across Texas, Oklahoma and Mississippi.
Since becoming an independent midstream company in 2018, we are relying on every employee to make a difference. Our employees make an impact on day one with opportunities to weigh in on complex challenges. We are looking for team members who want to roll up their sleeves and make a difference. Our team enjoys competitive benefits for themselves and their families and an exciting place to work.
If you want to be challenged, learn, grow your career and be a part of building a great company, please apply!
The Mechanic (Mechanical Technician) will perform mechanical maintenance on natural gas gathering and processing compression equipment to optimize throughput.
- Safety first culture including compliance of all associated (company, federal, state and local) regulations and policies
- Ensure 98% mechanical availability on natural gas compressors
- Provide technical knowledge and decision-making capabilities to troubleshoot a variety of natural gas engines and compressors
- Responsible for Preventive maintenance, to major overhauls on a variety of engines and compressors
- Maintains good economic thinking skills while working under tight budgetary demands
- Continually tracking and updating maintenance schedules related to compression equipment
- Establishes and maintains a near perfect driving record
- Collaborates well with direct supervisor to develop procedures and ideas on improving overall maintenance program
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a mechanical background
- Experience with Caterpillar and Waukesha gas engine/compressor
- Ability to work independently and self-motivate in various situations
- Excellent vehicle driving record
- 24 hour on call availability for emergency response and equipment malfunctions. This job involves working in an outdoor environment in all types of weather conditions 80% of the time, while 20% is involved in preparing paperwork in an office environment. It requires a substantial amount of strenuous physical activity and occasional long hours due to tight deadlines. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.