|Location:||Elk City, OK|
Midcoast Energy is a fast-paced, full-service midstream business with headquarters in Houston, Texas. Almost 500 employees strong, we are committed to the safe and reliable processing and transportation of natural gas and natural gas liquids across Texas, Oklahoma and Mississippi.
Since becoming an independent midstream company in 2018, we are relying on every employee to make a difference. Our employees make an impact on day one with opportunities to weigh in on complex challenges. We are looking for team members who want to roll up their sleeves and make a difference. Our team enjoys competitive benefits for themselves and their families and an exciting place to work.
If you want to be challenged, learn, grow your career and be a part of building a great company, please apply!
The Automation Technician position safely maintains all electrical, instrumentation and communications equipment of processing facilities, compressors, compressor stations, meter stations and other pipeline related facilities/equipment to ensure efficient operations.
- Implements safe work practices with a proactive safety attitude while ensuring the safety for the employee, the public, the environment, and the equipment at all times
- Provide technical knowledge and decision-making capabilities to troubleshoot and repair a variety of electrical, instrument, pneumatic, and control systems
- Responsible for ensuring all shutdowns, controls, transmitters, recorders, chromatographs, analyzers, and measurement facilities are calibrated and functioning properly
- Assist in servicing the re-compressors, expander, plant compressors, and associated equipment
- Orders necessary materials to ensure normal operations
- Directs and supervises contract labor when necessary
- Responsible for radio, satellite and network communications
- When needed, performs other Tasks, Duties and Roles as directed by System Supervisor and/or Plant Supervisor
- High School Diploma/GED Required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience or technical degree and related 1 year experience in instrument and electrical controls or equivalent mix of formal education and experience
- Knowledge of Radio, Satellite and Network communications preferred
- I/E - Willing to cross-train in communications; Communications – Willing to cross-train in I/E
- Must have fluent computer knowledge and working knowledge with P & ID’s and Electrical Diagrams
- High integrity and self-motivated
- Good communication and problem solving \ troubleshooting skills
- Team player
- Works unsupervised
- Approximately 25% office-vs-75 % outside or Control Room type operation
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills required
- Available 24/7 for emergency situations
- High level of physical labor required intermittently
- Select candidate must reside within 65 miles of operating area