|Title:||EHS Administrative Assistant|
|Department:||Safety & Environment|
Midcoast Energy, supported by capital commitments from ArcLight Capital Partners, is a fast-paced, full-service midstream business headquartered in Houston, Texas. Almost 500 employees strong, we are committed to the safe and reliable processing and transportation of natural gas and natural gas liquids across Texas, Oklahoma and Mississippi.
Midcoast has two gathering & processing platforms operating in the Anadarko and East Texas supply basins of North America, an ownership interest in Texas Express Pipeline, a long-haul NGL pipeline delivering to Mont Belvieu, and engages in the transporting and marketing of natural gas and natural gas liquids through its Logistics and Marketing segment.
Since becoming an independent midstream company in 2018, we are relying on every employee to make a difference. Our employees make an impact on day one with opportunities to weigh in on complex challenges. We are looking for team members who want to roll up their sleeves and make a difference. Our team enjoys competitive benefits for themselves and their families and an exciting place to work.
If you want to be challenged, learn, grow your career and be a part of building a great company, please apply!
This position is responsible for performing administrative duties for the Environmental, Health, & Safety (EHS) program in support of Midcoast’s natural gas pipeline network, gathering facilities and processing facilities. This position will report to the Manager, EHS but will also be expected to act as a liaison with the EHS team, company management and operating personnel.
- Coding of invoices and expense reports
- Interface with Purchasing and Contracts requisitions and work orders
- Coordinates shipping needs including arrangement and tracking of packages via USPS/UPS/FedEx
- Schedules staff meetings, prepares agendas, and keep minutes for meetings, as needed
- Responsible for routing paperwork through departments
- Schedules and coordinates travel, training, and meetings for department members or recruits including refreshment/meal arrangements
- Monitors vendor status in PEC for EHS vendors
- Completes cover letters/paperwork for request for signing authority
- Coordinates office supplies and materials orders
- Coordinate, develop and participate in Midcoast’s EHS committees and activities
- Assist in developing corporate EHS budget and efficiently track and manage dollars spent towards budget and other projects
- Analyzes and organizes operations and procedures such as bookkeeping, information management, filing systems, requisition of supplies, and other clerical services so that data is readily available for access
- Maximizes office productivity through proficient use of appropriate software applications
- Formulates procedures for systematic retention, protection, retrieval, transfer and disposal of records
- Maintains contact with customers and outside vendors to coordinate requests and support needed
- Support and back up for EHS and Operations Support Staff
- Completes administrative tasks and payroll timekeeping and preparation of expense account reports, meeting coordination, and office management within the department
- Responsible for maintaining local Environmental compliance databases including data entry (Engine Testing Spreadsheet, Oracle, ADP)
- Coordinate engine emissions testing (Initial start-ups, new construction, and general compliance testing for East Texas Combustion Rule, 512, Quad J, and Quad Z) throughout the company to achieve efficiencies and maintain compliance
- Responsible for data entry of H&S training attendance into electronic tracking system
- Assists with SPCC Plan administrative updates as applicable
- Assist and gather data for completion of emission inventories, SARA Tier II reports, DOT and OSHA compliance calendars, air permitting etc.
- Prepare regulatory compliance reports as assigned (KKK VOC Monitoring Semi-Annual Reports)
- Performs and assists with other duties as assigned of a diverse nature that varies with day to day activities of the group that is supported
- Approximately 90% Office Environment; 10% travel to Company Facilities, Operational Meetings, errands, etc.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. (example file boxes, training equipment, etc.)
- Sitting for extended periods of time at desk
Education and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED
- 1+ years’ administrative experience, EHS experience a plus, Position and pay DOE
- Prefer experience in the oil and gas industry, within natural gas midstream sector is a plus
- Computer skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Adobe, Oracle
- Strong analytical, organizational and documentation skills required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal required
- Ability to prioritize assignments, deal with interruptions, meet deadlines, and multi-task in a fast paced and growth-oriented environment
- Ability to work in a self-guided, independent environment, managing multiple tasks
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Strong customer service and support skills
- Ability to work with a diverse group of EHS, environmental consultants, and Operations professionals in the gas pipeline industry
- Other qualifications include the ability to comprehend diverse regulatory requirements due to the technical nature of the EHS subject matters
- Must be able to work independently however also work well in a team environment to support the team goals and objectives
- Willingness to troubleshoot issues as they arise
- Some travel required