|Title:||Sr. Plant Operator|
Midcoast Energy is a fast-paced, full-service midstream business with headquarters in Houston, Texas. Almost 500 employees strong, we are committed to the safe and reliable processing and transportation of natural gas and natural gas liquids across Texas, Oklahoma and Mississippi.
Since becoming an independent midstream company in 2018, we are relying on every employee to make a difference. Our employees make an impact on day one with opportunities to weigh in on complex challenges. We are looking for team members who want to roll up their sleeves and make a difference. Our team enjoys competitive benefits for themselves and their families and an exciting place to work.
If you want to be challenged, learn, grow your career and be a part of building a great company, please apply!
The Senior Plant Operator position is to safely and efficiently control all parameters of the processing facility with emphasis on maximizing gas flow and liquid recovery while minimizing utility consumption and downtime.
- Compliance with all associated regulations which includes the necessary reporting and documentation
- Achieve safe operations of the facility while maintaining continuous (24/7) operations of the gas gathering and distribution system, liquid separation facilities, mole sieve dehydration, cryogenic section, liquid hydrocarbon treating facilities, fractionation, propane refrigeration, hot oil systems, compression, liquid sales lines, processed gas sales, and truck loading facilities
- Perform monthly plant facility inspections
- Perform laboratory test and analysis associated with liquid hydrocarbon removal from the gas stream and product treating for CO2 removal to meet Product Specifications
- Reads meters and gauges or automatic recording devices at specified intervals to verify operating conditions
- Records data such as temperature of equipment, hours of operation, fuel consumed, temperature or pressure, water levels, analysis of flue gases, voltage load and generator balance
- Adjusts manual controls or overrides automatic controls to bring equipment into recommended or prescribed operating ranges, switch to backup equipment or systems, or to shut down equipment
- Visually inspects equipment at periodic intervals to detect malfunctions or need for repair, adjustment or lubrication
- Maintains equipment by tightening fittings, repacking bearings, replacing packing glands, gaskets, valves, recorders, and gauges, and cleaning or replacing burners or other components
- Oils and lubricates equipment
- Performs water titration tests and pours chemical additives, such as water softener, into treatment tank to prevent scale buildup and to clean boiler lines
- Records operation and maintenance actions taken during shift in operator’s logbook
- Perform minor preventative maintenance on plant equipment such as the expander, natural gas engines, turbines, compressors, and pumps, which requires medium to heavy lifting
- When needed, performs other Tasks, Duties and Roles as directed by System Supervisor and/or Plant Supervisor
- High School Diploma / GED required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in natural gas pipeline and plant operations
- Mechanical skills and knowledge of glycol unit maintenance, compressors, pumps, pump seals and plant turnaround/planning knowledge are desirable
- Requires knowledge of various computer programs such as MS Word and Excel
- Must be able to work without supervision and have strong interpersonal, verbal and communication skills
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to reach with hands and arms above his head as well as stoop and kneel to reach items below his normal reach.
- The employee is frequently required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to use sense of smell.
- Performs minor maintenance as necessary with medium to heavy lifting requirements. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Close Vision, Distance Vision, Peripheral Vision, Depth Perception and Ability to adjust focus.
- Works unsupervised shift work
- Approximately 25% Control room-vs-75 % outside operations in all types of weather
- Available 24 hours per day for on-call and emergency situations
- Works within the confines of the plant facility
- Frequently be exposed to work near moving mechanical parts
- Work in high, precarious places
- Work near toxic or caustic chemicals
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); fumes or airborne particles; risk of electrical shock and vibration
- The noise level in the work environment may be above 90 dBA
- Must reside within 30 miles of plant
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: