|Title:||Plant Operator / Maintenance|
Midcoast Energy is a fast-paced, full-service midstream business with headquarters in Houston, Texas. Almost 600 employees strong, we are committed to the safe and reliable processing and transportation of natural gas and natural gas liquids across Texas, Oklahoma and Mississippi.
Since becoming an independent midstream company in 2018, we are relying on every employee to make a difference. Our employees make an impact on day one with opportunities to weigh in on complex challenges. We are looking for team members who want to roll up their sleeves and make a difference. Our team enjoys competitive benefits for themselves and their families and an exciting place to work.
If you want to be challenged, learn, grow your career and be a part of building a great company, please apply!
The Plant Operator / Maintenance is responsible for day to day operations and maintenance activities that are associated with operating a Cryogenic Gas Processing Plant and Gathering system.
- Implements safe work practices and a proactive safety culture while ensuring safety for the employee, the public, and the environment at all times
- Ensures regulatory compliance and record keeping requirements are met and continually monitored
- Assumes the responsibility of operating and maintaining natural gas Plants, associated equipment including but not limited to reciprocating natural gas compressors, dehydrators, fluid separating equipment, process controls, etc.
- Continually meeting the demands and improving upon the needs of our customers
- Establishes and maintains a near perfect driving record
- Demonstrates sound economic thinking skills
- Directs and supervises contract labor involved in pipeline maintenance activities
- Collaborates well with direct supervisor on new and improved ideas associated with operation and maintenance of plant equipment
- Works in different Areas as needed
- Ensure 98% mechanical availability on all natural gas compressors
- Ensure Plant Products are on spec
- Operate plant @ Max Production levels
- High School Graduate or Equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in plant operations and a mechanical background
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision
- Excellent vehicle driving record
- 24 hour on-call availability
- 80% of job is working and operating a company vehicle in a field environment, while 20 % is spent in an office completing paperwork duties and computer functions
- This job involves working in an outdoor environment in all types of weather conditions. It requires a substantial amount of strenuous physical activity and occasional long hours due to tight deadlines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel: reach with arms and arms; and talk or hear; the employee is occasionally required to stand and walk
- May occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision