Midcoast Energy is a fast-paced, full-service midstream business with headquarters in Houston, Texas. Almost 600 employees strong, we are committed to the safe and reliable processing and transportation of natural gas and natural gas liquids across Texas, Oklahoma and Mississippi.
Since becoming an independent midstream company in 2018, we are relying on every employee to make a difference. Our employees make an impact on day one with opportunities to weigh in on complex challenges. We are looking for team members who want to roll up their sleeves and make a difference. Our team enjoys competitive benefits for themselves and their families and an exciting place to work.
If you want to be challenged, learn, grow your career and be a part of building a great company, please apply!
The Integrity Engineer will assist in managing the identification, assessment and mitigation of risk of release, particularly as it relates to system design and construction, system operations and system integrity; in compliance with Federal and State integrity management regulations. This includes, but is not limited to, all onshore gas and liquid pipelines within Midcoast Energy.
- Manage the company’s integrity assessment and risk management plans, specifically the risk assessment plan, the integrity assessment plan, the communications plan, the quality control plan, the performance measures plan and the baseline assessment plan
- Act as a liaison between Integrity and internal or external groups on issues regarding the company’s integrity management plans and assessment, repair and documentation of pipelines
- Serve as a liaison between Integrity and Operations teams and engineering staff on evaluating current systems to identify risk
- Ensure compliance with federal and state regulatory requirements and the operational and design standards for systems integrity as they relate to pipelines
- Assist in the development of integrity strategies that will maintain the reliability and integrity of the company’s pipelines while controlling costs
- Act as resource on issues related to system evaluation such as failure analysis, program effectiveness, and risk analysis
- Monitor and take steps necessary to improve the progress of the Operations teams in reducing the risk of leaks
- Responsible for the integrity of a $1,000,000,000+ Natural Gas and NGL system in Texas, Oklahoma and Arkansas
- Provide daily technical support to integrity coordinators
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Knowledgeable in pipeline operations and project management
- Emphasis on Analytical skills and data/image comparison
- Ability to travel, if necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work independently
- Experience with Livelink, Google Earth, and Microsoft Office software
- General proficiency in computer technology and business applications
Office environment with field trips as necessary. Will require ability to drive a vehicle, walk around job sites and lift at least 40 pounds. Requires adequate vision, hearing and ability to sit at a computer.