|Title:||Process - Area Engineer|
Midcoast Energy is a fast-paced, full-service midstream business with headquarters in Houston, Texas. Almost 600 employees strong, we are committed to the safe and reliable processing and transportation of natural gas and natural gas liquids across Texas, Oklahoma and Mississippi.
Since becoming an independent midstream company in 2018, we are relying on every employee to make a difference. Our employees make an impact on day one with opportunities to weigh in on complex challenges. We are looking for team members who want to roll up their sleeves and make a difference. Our team enjoys competitive benefits for themselves and their families and an exciting place to work.
If you want to be challenged, learn, grow your career and be a part of building a great company, please apply!
The Process - Area Engineer is responsible for providing technical oversight and project management for Capital and non-Capital projects related to Operations, Maintenance and Integrity. Typical projects consist of meter installation, well-connections, regulated and non-regulated pipeline installation, compressor station installation, amine treating plant installation, glycol dehydration plant installation, cryogenic plant installation, management of PSM activities, and supporting various optimization efforts across all facilities. Position responsibility includes control over and accountability for: design, maintenance, safety, regulatory compliance, emergency preparedness, customer service, construction and staff development.
- Provide ongoing Technical and Project Management support for assigned AFE’s
- Provide ongoing Technical and Project Management support for Operations Management
- Ensure operational projects are completed safely, in compliance with all regulatory requirements, on time and on budget
- Develops operating and capital budgets and manages expenditures to stay within approved limits
- Facilitates sharing of Best Practices; Provides follow-up on benefits gained by sharing Best Practices; Researches and provides documentation of Best Practices outside of the company to Asset Leadership
- Acts as liaison to Engineering, Integrity Management and other Technical functions that provide design and operations standards to assigned assets
- Provide for project justification, economics, and alternatives analysis as required
- Assists in reviewing company policies and procedures and makes recommendations for revision based on best practices
- Collaborates with local Asset Leadership and Commercial group to grow the Asset
- Close coordination with day to day operations of gas plants and gas treatment facilities with perspective of helping to optimize the performance of the operations and support operational needs to make changes as requested
- Develops scopes and estimates for various plant related projects
- Develops Project Execution Plans, strategies, budget, schedules, bid, and construction execution for assigned projects
- Develops understanding of gas plant treatment and processing, as well as operations and maintenance needs for the plants, to assist Operations with improving overall reliability, run-time, and operational excellence
- Ability to learn and run software for modeling plant processes and maintain models for various plants
- Spend time at new plant construction sites assisting in the inspection process and learning plants from the ground up
- Participate in plant PSM exercises and update P&ID’s as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in any Engineering discipline, Process/Chemical Engineering strongly preferred (other disciplines considered if proof of process engineering experience is provided)
- Minimum 5 - 10 years’ experience as an engineer / project engineer
- Basic familiarity with pipeline, compression, and natural gas industry
- Ability to work with a diverse group of field and professionals
- Ability to work independent and completely self-directed
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate with others, both orally and in writing
- Work performed in typical office environment with frequent travel to field locations normally of short duration. Will require ability to drive a vehicle, walk around job sites and lift at least 50 pounds
- Must work well under tight deadlines for project completion
- The noise level in the environment is moderate
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear; the employee is occasionally required to stand and walk; the employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision