|Title:||Senior Corrosion Technician|
Midcoast Energy is a fast-paced, full-service midstream business with headquarters in Houston, Texas. Almost 600 employees strong, we are committed to the safe and reliable processing and transportation of natural gas and natural gas liquids across Texas, Oklahoma and Mississippi.
Since becoming an independent midstream company in 2018, we are relying on every employee to make a difference. Our employees make an impact on day one with opportunities to weigh in on complex challenges. We are looking for team members who want to roll up their sleeves and make a difference. Our team enjoys competitive benefits for themselves and their families and an exciting place to work.
If you want to be challenged, learn, grow your career and be a part of building a great company, please apply!
The primary focus of the Corrosion Technician is to safely and efficiently control external and internal corrosion on pipelines and facilities.
(The following represents the majority of the duties performed but is not meant to be all-inclusive nor prevent other duties from being assigned necessary.)
- Compliance with all associated regulations (TRCC Pipeline Safety Rules and Regulations) which includes the necessary reporting and documentation
- Achieve safe operations of pipelines and facilities
- Perform design, installation and maintenance on Cathodic Protection systems
- Perform periodic surveys for rectifiers, bonds, and annual pipe to soils
- Perform scheduling, maintenance, and treating for internal corrosion control
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Minimum 5 years of related experience with corrosion control
- Working knowledge and understanding of corrosion equipment and process
- High Integrity and self-motivated
- Good communication, problem solving, and physical perceptive skills
- Team player
- Approximately 25% office time and 75% outside type operation in all types of weather
- Available 24/7 for emergency situations
- Medium to heavy lifting requirements
- Works with corrosion preventative chemicals
- Must be able to remain calm and focused during emergency situations
- Select Candidate must reside within 65 miles of operating area
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: