|Title:||Senior Gas Accountant (Contract)|
|Department:||Accounting & Finance|
Midcoast Energy is a fast-paced, full-service midstream business with headquarters in Houston, Texas. Almost 600 employees strong, we are committed to the safe and reliable processing and transportation of natural gas and natural gas liquids across Texas, Oklahoma and Mississippi.
Since becoming an independent midstream company in 2018, we are relying on every employee to make a difference. Our employees make an impact on day one with opportunities to weigh in on complex challenges. We are looking for team members who want to roll up their sleeves and make a difference. Our team enjoys competitive benefits for themselves and their families and an exciting place to work.
If you want to be challenged, learn, grow your career and be a part of building a great company, please apply for this 6 month contract position.
The Gas Accountant’s primary focus will be plant accounting and settlement, billings, payments and reconciliations for the Gas Accounting group.
- Ensure allocation of receipts and deliveries are completed accurately and timely on a monthly basis and all volumes flowed balance to the transactions that are invoiced or paid
- Ensure billings and payments to the customer (internally and externally) are completed accurately and timely, and resolve volume and/or price disputes in accordance with contractual terms, primarily in the TIPS/Quorum system
- Work with external auditors to provide analysis and support as needed
- Ensure all controls are followed and documented appropriately
- Responsible for monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare and file regulatory reports (i.e. EIA reports, FERC reports, and TXRRC reports)
- Act as an effective interface (good communication) between the customer and various departments (contracts, commercial, scheduling, project accounting, regulatory and general ledger accounting) regarding the assets being worked
- Monitor the Accounts Receivable balances to ensure accounts are maintained in current status and resolve any collection issues
- Assist in the estimate, budgeting, and forecasting process and analysis as it relates to Gross Margin on these assets
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- Minimum 3 years natural gas experience related to plant and revenue accounting; understanding POP, Fixed Recovery, wellhead purchase, and gathering contracts
- TIPS software experience strongly preferred; Advanced experience with MS Excel; Working knowledge of Oracle cloud helpful
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; complemented by excellent attention to detail
- Ability to perform under tight deadlines, particularly at month end
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills; combined with a results-oriented business approach and excellent customer service
- Self-confident in opinions, approachable attitude, independent self-starter
- Ability to interpret and translate gas and NGL settlement agreements and identify significant financial implications