|Title:||SCADA Senior Specialist|
Midcoast Energy is a fast-paced, full-service midstream business with headquarters in Houston, Texas. Almost 600 employees strong, we are committed to the safe and reliable processing and transportation of natural gas and natural gas liquids across Texas, Oklahoma and Mississippi.
Since becoming an independent midstream company in 2018, we are relying on every employee to make a difference. Our employees make an impact on day one with opportunities to weigh in on complex challenges. We are looking for team members who want to roll up their sleeves and make a difference. Our team enjoys competitive benefits for themselves and their families and an exciting place to work.
If you want to be challenged, learn, grow your career and be a part of building a great company, please apply!
The Senior Specialist, SCADA Operations is responsible for providing technical support and working with managed service providers who support and maintain gas control and field applications by Midcoast Energy. This position will assume shared responsibility for all SCADA Operations.
This position is responsible for carrying out a diverse range of complex task assignments requiring the use of deep technical infrastructure knowledge, strong project management skills, good team leadership skills, technical skills, customer services skills, innovation, drive and strong judgement. The position is also responsible for fostering vendor relationships and SLAs, translating system requirements into technical design, then ensuring solutions are successfully delivered to production. Functions in a hands-on technical capacity while contributing to work of other technical personnel, contractors, and 3rd party vendors on assigned tasks or projects. Comfortable crossing into new fields of technical or business specialization. Exercises substantial latitude for SCADA application decisions, while complying with overarching IT strategy and corporate governance related to all IT Change Management and Control policies.
The following skills are required:
- Extensive knowledge of ClearSCADA software and design methodologies required
- Extensive knowledge of Wonderware software and design methodologies
- Extensive knowledge of Autosol Communications Manager (ACM)
- Familiarity with all SCADA industry protocols and polling engines
- Familiarity with Control Room Management policies and requirements
Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Applies deep knowledge of SCADA operations & technologies in support of midstream energy operations
- Assists IT leadership in creating long-term SCADA vision, SCADA strategic plan, designing, evaluating, resourcing, implementing, and leading various system initiatives
- Manages relationships and works directly with system support teams to facilitate and prioritize team activities & commitment resources in support of system enhancements, and new project initiatives
- Works with technical teams using proven project management principles, support methodologies, and efficient process/tools, to deliver valued solutions across the enterprise
- Participates in the overall strategy, architecture, design, development, security and support of Midcoast SCADA networks
- Manages overall SCADA application health, security, maintenance, troubleshooting, change management, and disaster (DR) to ensure the highest system availability
- Develops redundancy strategies and backup procedures and methods to ensure maximum SCADA application availability, reliability and restorability
- Acquires and utilizes business knowledge by taking advantage of available resources (Internet, books, periodicals, classes/workshops, conferences, etc.) to develop and foster business expertise solutions
- Provides technical training and mentoring to promote competency and growth.
- Prepares project reports for management, client, and others.
- Responsible for ensuring all SCADA Processes and Change Management is followed for designated maintenance projects
- Works closely with team members in SCADA planning, selection of toolsets, services, external vendors
- Responsible for working with consulting resources
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Business Administration degree from a 4-year accredited university, and 4+ years of related industry or technical experience
- 4+ years’ experience in SCADA operations
- Experience working with project and application teams is required
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with executives, co-workers, systems teams and customers
- Ability to pick up on new technologies quickly and learn new skills
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal communication with ability to work with different teams
- Self-motivated team player with vision and initiative
- Dedicated to meeting expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Willing to travel up to 20%