|Department:||Accounting & Finance|
Midcoast Energy is a fast-paced, full-service midstream business headquartered in Houston, Texas. Almost 600 employees strong, we are committed to the safe and reliable processing, transportation and marketing of natural gas and natural gas liquids across Texas, Oklahoma and Mississippi.
Since becoming an independent midstream company in 2018, we are relying on every employee to make a difference. Our employees make an impact on day one with opportunities to weigh in on complex challenges. We are looking for team members who want to roll up their sleeves and make a difference. Our team enjoys competitive benefits for themselves and their families and an exciting place to work.
If you want to be challenged, learn, grow your career and be a part of building a great company, please apply!
This position will provide assistance with both the settlements function and general ledger accounting function for the MLTM and MMUS business units. Settlement responsibilities will include the following: create accurate, timely invoices of product moved on a daily basis, and reconcile monthly customer receipt statements for discrepancies. General ledger work will include preparing monthly balance sheet account reconciliations, input and reconcile Intercompany/Affiliate transactions.
- Verify pickup/delivery dates and volumes from driver paperwork for billing of customers
- Generate and distribute customer invoices
- Manage customer aging, following up on past due invoices when necessary
- Handle interface error reports each day and make necessary corrections
- Analyze research and resolve issues noted on various month-end closing reports
- Generate loads in transit report for deliveries not made in current month
- Enter monthly journal entries, including those involving Intercompany/Affiliate transactions and analyze Inter-Company and Affiliate items that are not yet paid
- Reconcile General Ledger accounts for various Balance Sheet accounts
- Participate in internal and external audits
- Assist MLTM Accounting Supervisor and MLTM Accounting Director on various projects as needed
- Ensure daily tasks adhere to already established SOX controls
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, emphasis in Accounting or Finance preferred
- 2-3 years of industry experience or equivalent/relevant experience
- Experience using office systems preferred (such as Oracle, MS Excel, RightAngle) or willingness to learn
- Must be able to effectively communicate across internal departments
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with detail orientation and the ability to meet tight deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced, team environment
- Ability to prioritize and field multiple duties and requests
- Overtime required during month-end close and during heavy billing periods