Midcoast Energy is a fast-paced, full-service midstream business with headquarters in Houston, Texas. Almost 500 employees strong, we are committed to the safe and reliable processing and transportation of natural gas and natural gas liquids across Texas, Oklahoma and Mississippi.
Since becoming an independent midstream company in 2018, we are relying on every employee to make a difference. Our employees make an impact on day one with opportunities to weigh in on complex challenges.
We are looking for team members who want to roll up their sleeves and make a difference. Our team enjoys competitive benefits for themselves and their families and an exciting place to work.
If you want to be challenged, learn, grow your career and be a part of building a great company, please apply!
The Measurement Technician will ensure that all gas measurement field devices and related equipment is in accurate and acceptable working condition. To ensure that all measurement stations have accurate and reliable gas samples taken which apply to the proper volume calculation.
- Verify / calibrate each measuring station within proper scheduled time periods using applicable approved testing devices.
- Complete station test report forms for file for each station tested.
- Gather gas samples for each station ensuring that proper identification is made on each sample cylinder and is sent to the lab in a timely matter for analysis and system input for each months business
- Inspect /repair any gas control regulator or control valve that directly or indirectly relates to gas measurement or gas control
- Complete reports and file regulator inspection reports within prescribed compliance time period.
- Review and censor chart and EFM data for accuracy reporting any edits to proper personnel.
- Properly install measurement and related equipment on new locations as they are connected in the field areas.
- Maintain and operate company owned equipment for proper use and length of service. Maintain and practice proper safety assessment at all times.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of exposure in Gas pipeline field experience
- Must be able to work and perform without close supervision
- This job involves working in an outdoor environment in all types of weather conditions 80% of the time, while 20% is involved in preparing paperwork in an office environment. It requires a substantial amount of strenuous physical activity and occasional long hours due to tight deadlines. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: