|Title:||Internal Corrosion Specialist|
Midcoast Energy is a fast-paced, full-service midstream business with headquarters in Houston, Texas. Almost 600 employees strong, we are committed to the safe and reliable processing and transportation of natural gas and natural gas liquids across Texas, Oklahoma and Mississippi.
Since becoming an independent midstream company in 2018, we are relying on every employee to make a difference. Our employees make an impact on day one with opportunities to weigh in on complex challenges. We are looking for team members who want to roll up their sleeves and make a difference. Our team enjoys competitive benefits for themselves and their families and an exciting place to work.
If you want to be challenged, learn, grow your career and be a part of building a great company, please apply!
The Internal Corrosion Specialist will support the Company’s internal corrosion prevention and mitigation program for all liquid, gas gathering and transmission pipelines within Midcoast.
- Manage the internal cleaning, corrosion prevention and mitigation projects prior to all ILI and Hydrotesting work executed by the Integrity department
- Act as a resource on issues related to system evaluation such as failure analysis and internal corrosion control program effectiveness
- Monitor and take steps to improve the progress of the Operations teams regarding corrosion prevention and leak reduction
- Provide expertise as an internal corrosion specialist when working with the Integrity team in identifying risk
- Identify pipeline contaminants and provide analytical support and remediation recommendations
- Support the internal corrosion chemical program including system reviews and problematic situation analysis
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in corrosion control, project management and pipeline operations
- NACE Certified Internal Corrosion Technologist
- Expertise in internal and external coatings, internal corrosion and the evaluation, monitoring and mitigation thereof
- Expertise in internal corrosion and external corrosion direct assessment
- Expertise in regulatory compliance, specifically 49 CFR Part 192, 49 CFR Part 195 and TAC 8. 101
- Excellent computer and analytical problem-solving abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication and management
- Office environment with 50% of time in field pipeline locations
- Will require ability to drive a vehicle, walk around job sites and lift at least 40 pounds
- Requires adequate vision, hearing and ability to sit a computer