Midcoast Energy is a fast-paced, full-service midstream business with headquarters in Houston, Texas. Almost 600 employees strong, we are committed to the safe and reliable processing and transportation of natural gas and natural gas liquids across Texas, Oklahoma and Mississippi.
Since becoming an independent midstream company in 2018, we are relying on every employee to make a difference. Our employees make an impact on day one with opportunities to weigh in on complex challenges. We are looking for team members who want to roll up their sleeves and make a difference. Our team enjoys competitive benefits for themselves and their families and an exciting place to work.
If you want to be challenged, learn, grow your career and be a part of building a great company, please apply!
The Operations Technician ensures the safe and efficient operations of all pipelines, compressor stations, dehydration facilities and natural gas treating and processing plants.
- Performs all job functions within the Safety and Environmental policies of Midcoast and Governmental laws and orders
- Actively participates in Safety program which is to include regular scheduled safety meetings and training up to and including the participating in the investigation and documentation of incidents and accidents involving company and contract personnel
- When applicable must work within the jurisdiction of, be certified under and maintain files pertaining to Process Safety Management
- Performs certain functions during any emergency
- Responsible for good housekeeping
- Perform inspections, complete documentation and maintain files for all operational functions required by governmental agencies and company policies, which would include but not be limited to the inspection and documentation of road and railroad crossing condition, rectifier condition and readings, pipeline valve maintenance, locates and marks company owned pipelines for third party contractors (One Call response), pipeline class location surveys, pipeline relief valve testing and certification, atmospheric corrosion, cathodic protection surveys and annual notification program; Assist with company or governmental agency audits of the assets
- Performs operations, inspection, maintenance and documentation of pipelines, R-O-W, compressors, natural gas plants, and dehydration facilities; Determine root cause of any major or repeated failures, even if outside assistance is needed
- Ensure natural gas and liquid quality are within pipeline and/or contract specifications
- Performs pigging operations, drip blowing and natural gas flow changes as per nominations
- Assist team in scheduling maintenance of equipment and supplies to ensure minimum downtime and efficient job completion; Communicates to and keeps Supervisor informed of all maintenance activities and their status
- Install, calibrate and maintain natural gas measurement devices; Specific duties include but are not limited to the preparation of a test schedule and communicates schedule to interested parties, performs natural gas measurement device testing and subsequent calibration, documents the test of the devices and communicates the information to the appropriate parties; Repairs devices as needed
- Change paper charts and forward to integration; Download, transmit and edit natural gas volumes from electronic meters each month using the editing package of Flo-Cal
- Coordinates with Gas Supply department on new projects; This would include the coordination of ROW purchases, purchase of materials, hiring of installation contractor, communicating with customer about connection timing and the communication of the new pipeline route to drafting for map updating
- Participates in the budget process and is responsible for the month-to-month variance of expenditures
- Works within the Team Environment
- Assist in the strategic planning process and prepare timely reports as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 6 years of experience of various natural gas pipeline and plant operations
- Requires knowledge of various computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
- Must be able to work without supervision and have strong interpersonal, verbal and communication skills
- Will require the ability to drive a vehicle and lift at least 100 pounds
- Requires adequate vision, hearing and ability to sit at a computer for long periods of time; working in an office environment with frequent field travel – coverage includes approximately 2800 vehicle miles per month
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions that include wet and/or high humidity, extreme heat, and extreme cold
- The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, or airborne particles, explosives, toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; and vibration
- The noise level is the work environment is usually moderate
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell
- The employee is occasionally required to sit
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Employee must have valid drivers license and is subject to DOT random drug testing
- This position requires exposure to outside weather conditions, some strenuous physical demands and on-call scheduling.
- Operations Technicians are required to reside within 30 miles response time to their areas
- Operations Technicians must have a valid driver’s license and is subject to DOT random drug testing